Every week I like to have a fun “10 questions” session with some of our contributors to the Indie Craft Sampler. Some serious, but mostly fun questions. Our last installment for the November Sampler Contributors is with Jessica from Earth Cookie Creations.
1. Is there a story behind your shop name “Earth Cookie Creations”? When my husband and I were newly dating he would call me his “earth cookie”. It was his fancy way of saying tree hugger. So when it came to picking a business name that was in essence who I am it was a no brainer.
2. Best advice another crafty/indie owner has given you? or something you’ve learned since opening a shop? Create what you like otherwise your items will be uninspired and flat. If you create what you like chances are others will like it too.
3. What’s the hardest part about being a shop owner? Time management. It’s easy to putting a off when you’re a one woman show but one always has to remember others are relying on you to run smoothly and in a timely manner.
6. Any celebrity crushes? Michael Weatherly (big crush on NCIS special agent)
7. What’s something that amazes you? It’s amazing to me how each and every day is different. No two days are 100% the same.
8. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? Betsy
10. And finally, why should people visit your shop? I think I offer some adorable products and reasonable prices. Plus I support handmade so you know my money’s going to the little guys as well. Visit Earth Cookie Creations.