I am a Herpetologist by profession (meaning I study reptiles and amphibians), so I am a big reptile nerd! I also love the idea of playing with bright colored eye shadows (I’m not much of a neutral girl), so I put 2 and 2 together and thought what better reptile to “show off” my colors than a chameleon!
2. Where do you get ideas/inspiration from when coming up with new products for your shop?
I am also a huge nerd at heart, so I am often inspired by my nerdy love (Star Wars, Doctor Who, Avengers, Disney Princesses, etc.) I’m inspired by what makes me happy!
3. Best advice another crafty/indie owner has given you? or something you’ve learned since opening a shop?
Best thing I’ve learned is customers LOVE a personalized touch! I put a thank you note in EVERY order, no matter how small.
4. What’s the hardest part about being a shop owner?
The hardest part is finding ways to promote your products in a financially responsible way! I’m so glad I found the Indie Craft Sampler!!!
I’m not one for resolutions, but I am going to run my first half marathon this year (on my 30th birthday to boot!)
6. Food that you can’t stand?
Celery… It destroys everything it touches… lol!
7. Put your music player on shuffle…what are the first 5 songs that play?
(good thing I have similar taste in music as my 3 year old!)
I was diagnosed with cancer at 19, and after my chemotherapy I was growing my hair back out. I had finally gotten my hair long enough to lay down and part. I told the lady to trim just the top and cut the bottom part short (trying to grow it all out together) and she chopped the top part SO short it started to stand straight up again… it’s the only time I almost cried from a hair cut.
10. And finally, why should people visit your shop?
I would try and push the whole: “my eye shadows have great staying power, they are made in small batches with extra love, not tested on animals”; but now that you’ve read a little bit about me you are totally intrigued to check me out! 🙂