Every week we like to have a fun “10 questions” session with one of our contributors to the Indie Craft Sampler. Some serious, but mostly fun questions. This week we are talking with one of our May super colossal contributors, Natalie from The Thoughtful Acorn.
1. What got you interested in drawing?
We didnt have a lot to do growing up. I liked being able to create things, put things together. I was really into legos and the klutz books. Pencil drawings in school kept me sane during class and i really just kept at it.
2. What do you love to draw? What in your shop is your favorite thing you’ve drawn?
I love drawing nature although my work doesn’t do it justice. It is extremely theraputic for me. There was a 12′ piece in college i did in micron pen. It really describes how life is to me. It is a rotting log with animals and plants around it and it depicts how sometimes pain or death is necessary to give life.
3. What is the most played song on your iPod?
Probably my most played song would be from Juliana Barwicks Album Nepenthe…although im not sure which song i like best 😀
4. If you could live in another country for two years where would you go?
Australia… never had a vegimite sandwhich but i would rather go to see all the wildlife.
5. Any celebrity crushes?
james macavoy, although Blake Albright is my one true love 😉
6. What are some things you were obsessed with when you were a child?
i loved frogs, tigers, outside, summer, and candy 😀
7. What is the last thing you learned?
I learned that olive oil helps get wax out of dogs ears gently…lets just say my puppy is squeaky clean tonight!
8. What is your favorite word? Least favorite?
9. Do you have any weird nicknames?
natjax, natatat tat, poop nuggit, poof poof, ninja
10. And finally, why should people visit your shop?
because it might make you smile 🙂 Visit A Thoughtful Acorn.