Every week or so we like to have a fun “10 questions” session with one of our contributors to the Indie Craft Sampler. Some serious, but mostly fun questions. This week we are talking with Gentry from Artsy G.
1. What got you interested in paper crafting?
As far back as I can remember, I’ve always loved all kinds of paper. But a few years ago I made some Halloween decorations out of paper. My Mimi saw them and wanted me to make Christmas ornaments for her great grandkids. After that I just continued coming up with ideas.
2. What is your favorite thing to make with paper?
The Santa ornaments are my favorite pieces to make.
3. Best advice another crafty/indie shop owner has given you? Do you have any advice for others?
Don’t compromise quality for quantity. My advice to others is to work on your craft EVERYDAY.
4. How/where do you get ideas for new shop items?
New ideas come from customers who are looking for specific things they collect.
5. Put your music player on shuffle? What are the first 5 songs?
– September by Earth Wind & Fire
– Already Gone by the Eagles
– Long Run by the Eagles
– Ain’t That Lonely Yet by Dwight Yoakum
6. What item do you wish you could have saved from your childhood?
My Weeble Wobble Camp Trailer & Boat.
7. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a graphic designer. That was before we did graphics on the computer.
8. What is your favorite word?/Least favorite?
My favorite word is “do”. My least favorite word is “can’t”.
9. What are 3 things still left on your bucket list?
– Vacation in New York City.
– artsyG will be my only full-time job.
10. And finally, why should people visit your shop?
People should visit my shop because every piece is original and you never know what new pieces might be there. Visit ArtsyG
ArtsyG contributed paper desk frogs, wreath ornaments & angel ornaments for the September Indie Craft Sampler box. To buy your sampler go here